How to Reduce Belly Fat with Home Remedies
Every other person on this planet wants to lose belly fat! Yes it is this great an issue. Belly fat not only gives you an ugly look but can be dangerous for your health too. The visceral fat or the fat around your abdomen can lead to diabetes, heart diseases, stroke as well as dementia. When it comes to lose abdominal fat, the right foods are a necessity. They detox your liver and boost your metabolism so that your body can target belly fat. There are numerous fat burning foods and spices that can help you lose your belly fat. Here are some really effective home remedies to lose belly fat with the help of such foods and spices.
Drink Lemon Water to Lose Belly Fat
You need to detoxify your liver because a stressed liver cannot metabolize fat effectively and which gets deposited around your waistline. Lemon water excellently increases enzymes that detoxify your liver so that it may carry out its basic functions efficiently.
- Lemon- 1
- Water (warm preferred)- 1 glass
- After you get up in the morning, take the lemon and squeeze out its juice into the water.
- While warm water is good to make lemon water for fat burning purpose, you can also use water at room temperature. This won’t stop lemon doing its job.
- Mix well and drink this lemon water on an empty stomach everyday in the morning.
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least 30 minutes after you have your regular lemon water every morning.
2. Drink Cranberry Juice to Lose Belly Fat
Cranberries are a rich source of organic acids like malic acid, citric acid, and quinic acid that function as digestive enzymes. These acids act as emulsifying agents on stubborn fat deposits in your lymphatic system which transports all the waste products that your liver cannot process. Cranberry juice digests these lymphatic wastes and help you reduce fat. So, drink 100 percent cranberry juice (unsweetened) or cran-water.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice- 8 oz. Or 1 cup
- Water- 56 oz. Or 7 cup
- In the morning, mix cranberry juice with water to get your day’s supply of cran-water.
- Have one cup of this cran-water at a time through out the day.
- You may have a cup each before breakfast and lunch, after dinner, and at other times of the day.
- You may also make this cran-water just before you have it. Just mix 2 tablespoons of cranberry juice to 7 oz. (a little less than a cup) of plain water.
Have Fish Oil or Fish to Lose Belly Fat
Fish oil has omega-3 fatty acids in it. Omega 3 acids such as icosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid and linolenic acid help in breaking down fat while reducing fat storage around your waistline. If you can’t take fish oil, have fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Have 6 g of fish oil daily. 6 g roughly equals a generously filled tablespoon which is on the verge of overflowing.
- Alternatively, you may have such fish as salmon or mackerel two times a week. Tuna and halibut are also high on omega-3.
4. Eat Chia Seeds to Lose Belly Fat
If you are a vegan and cannot have fish to get your day’s dose of omega 3 fatty acids, you can eat chia seeds that are equally high on omega-3 and are best plant based source of omega 3 acids. However, your body needs to work a little to convert the alpha- linolenic acid in these seeds into DHA or EPA that directly comes from fish oil. Apart from omega 3 acids, chia seeds are good source of antioxidants, calcium, iron and dietary fiber which helps you feel fuller for longer. The diet book, ‘The Aztec Diet’ suggests having 4-8 tbsp (1-2 oz or 30-60 g) of chia seeds during a day to keep you less hungry and prevent you from overeating. However, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds too is a good amount to include in your daily diet.
How to eat chia seeds?
- Add chia seeds to your smoothies, salads and yogurt.
- Add them to your breakfast cereal.
- Use chia seeds as a thickening agent for soups and gravies.
5. Have Ginger Tea to Lose Belly fat
You know that ginger is a natural digestive aid but did you know that ginger is a thermogenic? Thermogenic agents increase body temperature thus helping burn fat more effectively. Your belly fat may be due to one of the various reasons like overeating, age-related reduction of hormone, lack of exercise or stress. Ginger can practically solve each of these issues. Ginger is also said to suppress cortisol production. Cortisol is a steroid hormone essential for energy regulation and mobilization. So, have ginger tea daily to aid your efforts of losing belly fat.
How to make ginger lemon honey tea?
- Water- 4 cups
- Ginger (peeled and sliced)- 1-2 inch piece
- Lemon- 1
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Boil the water.
- Add ginger to the hot water and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and add lemon juice and honey to this.
- Mix well and have a cup of this ginger tea in the morning.
- To regulate your metabolism, stimulate your digestion and reduce your cortisol production, have at least 2 cups of ginger tea throughout the day.
6. Use Garlic to Lose Belly Fat
You might be knowing that garlic is good for your cardiovascular system as it reduces both systolic and diastolic blood pressure as well as triglycerides apart from increasing good cholesterol. You might, however, not be knowing that garlic has excellent anti-obesity properties too! Every minute our body cells die and our body makes new cells to replace them. Adipocytes (also called lipocytes and fat cells) are the cells in our body which primarily compose adipose tissue (body fat). In the adipose tissue, there undergoes a process wherein pre-adipocytes are converted into full-fledged adipose tissue or fat. This process is known as adipogenesis. Studies show that garlic inhibits this process of adipogenisis or the process of making fat. If stated in simple language, garlic stops your pre fat cells from converting into fat cells. So, you might well like to add garlic into your daily diet. However, raw garlic is more beneficial when you want to lose belly fat!
- Garlic cloves- 3
- Lemon- 1
- Water- 1 cup
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the cup of water.
- Chew 3 garlic cloves and then drink the lemon water
- Repeat every morning on an empty stomach.
- You will start losing belly fat within 2 week’s time.
7. Herbs Infused Water to Lose Belly Fat
There are many herbs in your kitchen that you don’t even call herbs. You use them daily in your cooking or in salads etc. but you are unaware of there effects on your body fat. Some of such herbs include ginger, mint, and cucumber. These herbs when combined with the excellent fat burner lemon can do wonders to get you rid of belly fat. Consisting of water and dietary fiber, cucumber is a great food to lose belly fat. It cleanse your body from deep within and help you lose weight. Ginger is a great fat burner which allows blood vessels to expand leading to better blood circulation. It also boosts metabolism. A study suggests that people who eat ginger can lose 20% more weight than people who don’t eat it. Due to its rich contents of vitamin C and antioxidants, lemon boosts your energy apart from burning fat. Mint not only calms down your cravings but also soothes tummy after you indulge in foods. Water keeps you hydrated and this flavored water will also detoxify your body. So, here’s the recipe of what you might call a flat belly diet drink.
- Water- 2 liters
- Cucumber (sliced)- 1 medium
- Ginger (grated or pressed)- 1 tsp if grated; 1-2 inch piece if pressed
- Lemon (sliced)- 1
- Mint leaves- 10-12 sprigs
- Soak all the ingredients in water overnight.
- Once they are infused for the whole night, drink this water throughout the day.
8. Dandelion Tea to Lose Belly Fat
If your belly fat is due to water retention, dandelion herb can come to your rescue. Dandelion is a natural diuretic which increases your urine output. Dandelion will improve your liver’s functioning capacity. It will flush out retained water and toxins out of your body, especially from belly area which you know by the name of abdominal bloating. Combined with some fat reducing spices, dandelion tea not only tastes good but helps reduce belly fat which is due to water retention.
- Dandelion root (roasted)- 1 tbsp OR Dandelion root powder (roasted)- 1 tsp
- Fresh ginger (minced)- half inch piece
- Cardamom seeds- from 1 cardamom
- Cinnamon bark- half inch piece
- Mint leaves- 4-5
- Water- 1 and ½ cup
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp as per taste
- Add all the ingredients except honey to water.
- Bring this water to a boil.
- Boil the water for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the tea and add honey to this if using.
- Mix well and have this delicious dandelion root tea.
- You may have 2-4 cups of this tea during the day.
Precaution: If you have blocked bile ducts or some issues related to gall bladder, avoid having dandelion tea. Consult your doctor before taking this tea.
9. Have Cinnamon to Lose Belly Fat
Don’t go by the sweet taste of cinnamon, it won’t increase your fat. In fact, cinnamon will help reduce your overall body fat including the belly fat. Cinnamon is a thermogenic. It means, cinnamon tends to produce heat through metabolic stimulation. Thus cinnamon makes you burn your fat. So, include 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon to your daily diet in order to increase your metabolism. Take ground cinnamon and not the cinnamon bark oil which may lead to ulcers, mouth sores and mouth burning when consumed. Cinnamon is one spice that you can cook with any food.
Ways to have cinnamon to loose belly fat
- Sprinkle a tsp of cinnamon on top of your beverages like tea, coffee or even milk.
- Add cinnamon on top of your toast, muffin etc.
- Add cinnamon powder to your breakfast cereal.
- Sprinkle it on your salad, dips, and sauces.
10. Lean Meat to Burn Fat and Lose Belly Fat
Foods that have thermogenic properties burn your calories as you eat them. Protein is highly thermogenic. Animal proteins are more thermogenic than vegetable proteins. Thus, lean meats are the best calorie burning food. When you eat lean meat, you burn about 30 percent of the calories it contains within it just by digesting the food. So, if you eat a 300 calorie chicken breast, you will use about 90 calories to digest it. It’s wise to include some protein in each of your meal. This can be lean chicken, beef, or pork, especially in dinner so that you burn most of the consumed calories through digestion at a time when your body’s metabolism is slower. Just remember, do not fry your lean meat!
11. Sip Green Tea to Lose Belly Fat
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition states, having 4 cups of green tea daily helped people lose more than six pounds within a period of eight weeks. Green tea contains a type of a catechin called epigallocatechin-3-gallate, or EGCG. It is a natural phenol and antioxidant with many therapeutic applications. When you sip green tea, EGCG in it boosts your metabolism. Have 3-4 cups of green tea daily. Make it fresh every time or store it in fridge to get an iced green tea each time you need to speed up your metabolism. Here is a fine recipe of fat burning green tea for you.
How to make green tea to lose belly fat?
- Green tea leaves or pearls- 1-2 tsp OR Green tea bag- 1
- Hot water- 1 cup
- Mint/basil leaves- 4-5
- Lemon juice- ½ to 1 tsp
- Honey (optional)- 1-2 tsp as per taste